Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 08:33 PM   #15
Koho Camper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano
State: California
THOR #18975
Question about surge protector and my new 2020 Thor Delano

On first trip in first campground I plugged in surge protector (SP) and RV electricity did not work. Removed SP and electricity worked. Next night in different campground tried to use the SP and again it did not work. I assumed I had a bad SP.

Got back from trip and ordered new and "better" (aka more $) SP. Have tried using the new SP on two different pedestals and also while connected to my home power and the result is the same - RV electricity does not work. Remove the SP and everything is fine. The new SP's display indicates it is working fine - no issues.

My questions - Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this issue? I don't want to keep using my RV without a SP in place.

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.