Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 11:12 PM   #1
blues

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #19987
Introduction and in need of access door hatch advice

Hi Y'all,

We bought a 2015 Axis 24.1 about a month ago. It's our first RV of any type.

Previous owner had done "a bit" of damage to the lower driver side by hitting something solid and low, it would appear. It dinged some fiberglass in front of the left front tire and scraped along the side, just enough to dent the waste water access door.

The fiberglass work is no big deal, but I'm having a devil of a time finding a replacement access door hatch. I called the local Camper World OEM parts guy, who checked with Thor. He found out the door was made by Challenger Doors, but Thor has since changed door suppliers. We're waiting to hear back from Challenger Doors about getting a replacement, but it's not looking good from that end.

That leaves me on the hunt for a replacement. The metal inside frame measures 13 7/8" wide x 11 1/8" high. I have found places that custom make these, but the ones I've found make them in 1/2" increments. Because it is an aluminum framed door that screws into the aluminum frame of the coach, it needs to fit closer than that.

My question is, does anyone have a recommendation for finding a replacement hatch? Remember, Thor and their door maker, Challenger, are not options. Repairing it is almost completely out of the question, as the hinge is damaged beyond hope.

Thanks for any help regarding this and a great big thank you for all the content here that has gotten me up and running.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum