Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: CHF F53 Ford
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 02:40 AM   #143
HarryS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Yes, the angle is quite severe. Many, on the IRV2 forum, who have done the CHF used the stock links, the angle only comes into play when lifting the rig. The sway bar contacts the leaf spring, but doesn't when driving. Some have purchased Helwig adjustable links, replacing the Helwig bushings and bolts with the ford items, and some others, like me, lengthened our links. I bought a length of 1/2" black pipe, cut 2 sections about 12" long, and then cut the links and had everything welded together to get a 14 1/2" length. (IIRC). The 1/2 pipe is just the right size for the link to slide into, and welding both ends is strong enough. I drilled holes in both ends so the welder could weld the link thru the hole and make it a bit stronger.
Link to a picture of my extended links
https://www.irv2.com/forums/attachme...8&d=1591644249

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.