Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #1874
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
24.1 - Winegard G3 DISH Roof Mount Install

I recently roof-mounted a Winegard G3 & added DISH Wally in my RV.
Now, although the Winegard supports two Wally’s, I chose to have just the 1 Wally & connect the main HDMI cable to a 3-way HDMI splitter (located above the kitchen sink)

From there...6’, 12’ & 25’ HDMI cables were routed thru walls and cabinets to the 3 Seiki TVs (Living Room, Outside, Bedroom)
So, in this set-up...all three TVs see the same DISH satellite channel, which is fine for us.
I can watch any or all 3 TVs via OTA antenna for local channels, a DVD player , or DISH Network or Streaming.

By the way...in my home I just switched from ATT Uverse to DISH. And I just love the DISH features, makes ATT look vintage old-school.
Plus, I save about $40/mo with more programming.

The Winegard G3 works great, and has a 20% larger dish than previous models.
And, if the channel I change to is on a different satellite...the delay is less than 2-3 seconds for a perfectly clear HD image.

I also added a DVR to the Wally inside my Vegas. That way I can record or pause live TV.

We Boon-Dock alot, and sometimes we don't get good Cell reception (for streaming Data). That's one reason why I love having satellite TV service.
Attached Images

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum