Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 01:48 AM   #61
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I think you win. I don't see how you go wrong here.

Before I bought my RV I was thinking I needed to get those 6V batteries because the ACE 29.3 I was looking at had Residential Fridge. My RV came with the NAPA 31 with 105ah each so I have total of 210ah now. I check the water in batteries; but I don't like it even though I have easy access, and I don't want a distilled water filler upper or whatever it is called

So if I follow, if I could find two of these, I was would 2 smaller batteries (Group 29) with total of 240ah; maintenance free, 2 year warranty for total of $175 What am I missing? Will I be giving up something go from 31 to 29 that I don't know?

Before this thread, I hads assume my 1st set of batteries that I buy for this coach was going to be Group 31, AGM and as many amp hours as possible ,but most all of the AGMs are like 105 ah

AGMs are nice but pricey. Usually have a better warranty tho. As for me the group 31 wont fit in my Vegas tray. The two 29s are the biggest battery I can go with and at that price hard to beat.

My Dodge Diesel has 2 of the 31 series with like 1100 cranking amps each. Now hears a story no one is going to believe. My 06 Ram had 2 of those factory batteries, that I finally replaced after 10 1/2 years. Never had to add a drop of water!!!!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.