Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 03:20 AM   #31
rynosback

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthole View Post
The lack of rear support mentioned here is quite obvious when you do a factory tour.
And on the right roads you can see the cap move in your mirror, or just have someone follow you.

Our street is only 18' wide, has a pretty good crown, no curbs and wire grass growing up though the edges. Let the tires run along the side where the pavement is not smooth and I can see the cap move left-right.
We only recently moved here, so actually seeing the cap move is new to me. But in the past I have placed tape on the center of the cap down to the trailer hitch and verified movement.

Our trailer was new May 2018, screws started falling out within a month.

DRV repaired in February/March 2019, We left Howe and made it to Gulf Shores, AL. By that time I had a crack in the repaired area several inches long.

DRV repaired August 2019
Left Howe and by the time I got to New Hampshire half the screws were half way out or gone.

The gap in the pictures changes from side to side depending on maneuvering I do backing into a space.
These pictures are after leveled, taken last week (after second repair) The hatch doors on both sides will not stay tight and sealed against the body.

The second two pictures are after leaving from the first repair. The tear started within a couple hundred miles.
Each hash mark is a travel day over 3.5 months.
HOLLY CRAP!! That looks Frankensteined. Looks like you need to secure that wall, add backers for the screws and replace that fender. WOW, WOW, WOW. So sorry this happened to you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.