Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Parasitic Draw
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 06:46 PM   #1
steveL332

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Illinois
THOR #10522
Parasitic Draw

Here is my issue, and I am at a total loss. First the background:

I have a 2017 Chateau 31w (Class C) with two 110ah batteries (Total 220ah). Six weeks ago I put the motorhome in temporary storage. I turned off the battery disconnect switch, but forgot to turn off the inverter. When I came back to the motorhome three weeks later the inverter was beeping. I did not notice if the display showed an error code. I went on a trip and was plugged into the pedestal the entire time. I parked the motorhome after that trip at the storage lot. I made sure the battery disconnect switch was off, and the inverter was off. The batteries were fully charged when I parked it. When I returned three days later the batteries were at 12.0 volts (only 50% capacity). I charged the batteries with the generator for a couple of hours. Over the next few days I returned daily to the RV checking the voltage, and I would lose about 20% capacity each day or two with the inverter off and the battery disconnect switch off. I thought maybe the batteries went bad from getting too discharged for too long as noted previously when I left the inverter on. I pulled the two coach batteries, charged them fully, and left them disconnected for about five days. The lowest voltage shown on day five was 13.2 volts. The batteries are good.

I then checked for a parasitic draw with a multimeter. It shows .5 - .6 amps drawing with the battery disconnect switch in the off position. (Still not as much draw that was required to reduce fully charged batteries by 20% each day or so, but a draw nonetheless. I pulled every fuse in the coach and the chassis one by one, and switched off all breakers, and the parasitic draw remained the same. The multimeter was hooked up correctly.

I apologize for the long post, but I thought it was necessary to note the background information. Have I missed something? There are no fuses left in the coach or the chassis. I am at a total loss. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum