Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: CHF F53 Ford
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #147
OutlawPops

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37LS
State: Texas
THOR #19932
chf update

So what I have learned here and in doing my CHF, is yet another example of the devil being in the details ! While reading several threads on the matter, I noticed one individual mention that doing the changes should be done with the stabilizer jacks in the raised position. I have now done the entire process again, and found that the severity of the angle for the front end links is much less.

It has been mentioned that the "S" shaped end links were only used for a short time, and that they composed "most" of the failures as far as end links breaking. That being said, I would hope to hear from anyone with the "S" shaped end links that has done the CHF & their results. Also, perhaps those that are "mo' smarter" than me, either through education or experience, could weigh in with their opinions on adding gusset plates to the "S" links for strengthening.

Thank you to all of you for your time and input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.