Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #21
wbob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24fe
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20046
October, 2019 visit to Wakarusa.

While under warranty I paid a visit to the Thor facility in Wakarus IN in October of last year. I had to schedule it 4 months in advance as they were booked up. If I came any later, the coach had to be winterized. CW had made three attempts to fix the slide with no luck. Thor had it fixed in less than an hour. I was told it was a simple repair. As another responder stated, they picked up the coach at 7:00 am and bring it back in the afternoon. There was no pandemic last year and sanitizing wasn't an issue. If you are towing a vehicle, you can explore the area - there is a lot to see. If not, you can spend the day in their comfortable lounge and talk RVing with the other customers.

My only complaint was with the water pressure at their overnight sites. I'm not complaining as I appreciate the hook ups provided. Just be prepared to use your fresh water tank if you want enough pressure to shower - especially if you have an instant hot water heater.

Another suggestion, especially while under warranty, is to go over your coach with the proverbial fine tooth comb and find every single issue, including suspected problems. Put it on your punch list. I provided a list of about seven items and all were fixed. I live in NE PA and it was a 600 mile trip but well worth it to have my coach working fully. I made the trip out in two days. While I did find nice campgrounds (PA and OH), there were many that shut down for the season in the middle of October.

I've attached photos of the lounge and overnight sites in Wakarusa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1849.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	25971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1850.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	25972  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1853.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	142.7 KB
ID:	25973   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1854.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	25974  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum