Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 09:17 PM   #1
Treasur2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Washington
THOR #20407
Angry The nightmares are true aren't they?

I and wife are newbies like lots of folks right now ...right?

Bought a 2021 Thor Axis, 25.6. The ....one....smart thing we've done is do a shakedown stay in the same city as we purchased it at a very nice RV park. why? Because we had to take it back twice for "problems" in the first 3 days.

Then the real problems started. Drove it across the state to home. Have had to park it 32 miles from my residence because of the rest of you needing the same.

Then my BMPro, that controls...everything.....failed. As in ...blank screen. As an 88 in the mode screen. That means failure as I've learned. That's right, in 4 days...it completely failed.

I have spent about 3 hours inside the thing by myself troubleshooting, on a chat session and multiple attempts on hold in Thor's queue trying to get help(last friday was on hold for 1hr 20min without success).

I learned through my own research what I thought all along. Its toast. Then learning it will take 3 weeks to get a new one. Which I have to pay for because I can't get thor on the line, or to respond to any emails, chat sessions, or phone call VM's (which their website claims they will do) to make a warranty claim. Yeah, yeah, I know their swamped. Is that supposed to make me feel better?

In addition, my cab AC only blows room temperature air, after a declining performance (getting warmer) drive home on its initial outing. The local Campers World told me they "don't do warranty work at this location", and from what I read, I may have to find a ford dealership because its a "chassis, not coach problem".

Lastly, my entire "chassis" (radio/multimedia) system will not turn on. As in no power. However, a USB cigarette lighter insert, shows there is power. So this means I can't run the backup or turning cameras.

I took it in for an oil change because the dealer told me they don't do that when they receive it. I also had sway bars on front and back, and a steering "helper" installed, because of its instability and to much play in the wheel.

I also had a drawer at the back come out while driving apparently. Because at the second shakedown stop, when I started putting out my slide...I heard a "pop". I stopped it, reversed it, heard another "pop", said some choice words to thor, then stopped and checked. I had to lay on the floor on my side because the amount of space was so small. The drawer had hooked on the slide mechanism and ruined the drawer. Thank god I stopped the extension or I would have ruined the slide mechanism. So now I get to convince them the drawer was in.

So, my brand new RV sits in an RV service lot, with its only use as a driveable bus....with nowhere to go. Because it's useless. The BMPro controls all systems.....everything. I think I could take it myself and sleep on the dinette bed.

Let's just say that I've been incredibly frustrated and angry the last 10 days. NOT because of its repeated problems, but because I literally can not get thro to communicate with me. I've even been to the BMPros website to see if I can break through there. I'd be willing to pay for the replacement part out of pocket. I toke it apart. All it is is a simple circuit board of course like anything nowadays, hooked to a small android tablet. Yes, I've unhooked, rehooked the power from the wall, and the tablet so many times my head is spinning.

Getting frustrated again typing. Got to take care of myself and stop. Any insights or help is much appreciated.

Welcome to the RV world right?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.