Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 08:41 PM   #35
UpstateGreg

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: New York
THOR #20250
Our first trip went well. Had our first broken item, the propane gauge/sending unit snapped off the propane tank so I will have to replace that now. Looks pretty straightforward.

A run to Walmart got some missing parts and pieces that we had forgotten and or did not realize we would need. I got a pair of attractive (wife approved) 15-foot extension cords that I plugged into the outlets behind the TV in the bedroom which solved the inverter power issues in the bedroom. When not in use they tuck behind the TV set without any issue. The battery withstood the extra load without any problems.

One thing I didn't like was coming to the realization of how genuinely TERRIBLE the gas milage is. I drive an ML350 and I have complained since the day I got it about the 16-17 MPG I routinely get with its V6 engine, but this is an entirely new level of awfulness. Wow... I didn't get the exact milage when we left and I haven't filled it back up yet but I am scared to do the calculation once I do fill it back up and calculate out the mileage via Google Maps. I didn't have rose colored glasses on regarding the MPG but wow...

We still enjoyed ourselves thoroughly!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum