Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 06:33 PM   #16
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Soon going to own an Omni..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruncher View Post
Probably in the forum but Extended Warranties.. Did you all get the extended warranty and optional add-ons? Tire and rim repair? Roadside? And the EVO treatment? When I read the forum, I see that there are going to be some issues... I pm guessing the warranties are a good idea. I’m think the roadside is a must just in case..

Odds are that an extended warranty will cost considerably more than it saves. That’s how the warranty companies make their millions. But odds are your car and homeowners insurance will do the same. In both cases...until they don’t. If you happen to have several serious problems (for example with slides, AC, generator or refrigerator) you might come out ahead. But be aware that MANY things are excluded, there are strict and onerous rules that MUST be followed to get payment made and some service centers won’t participate. All of that said, you can’t put a price on piece of mind.

I had a $1400 slide repair on one of my RVs. I would have spent more for an extended warranty but I certainly would have been happier if I did when I had to pay for the repair!
I wouldn’t have bought coverage on the new coach but DW pretty much insisted. Happy wife......

You probably DO want roadside coverage unless you are willing to carry and change your own 100lb flat tire. Obviously you can still get help without it but it’s a bunch easier if you only have to call one number.

It’s a very personal choice. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum