Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #27
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlh96 View Post
So in a 2016 Thor Windsport 29M the battery charger is under the king bed close to the 120VAC breaker panel and 12vdc fuse box. I believe mine is not working. The Batteries died twice in a week while boon-docking with the generator running all week. I discovered the battery charger was installed upside down (the fan motor is blowing down, fighting the natural convection of heat) the directions in the new unit (same model) purchased from camping world show the three acceptable methods of installation. And upside down is NOT one of them. I corrected on the new one installed. Hoping this was my problem. I will be taking an extra battery charger on future trips until confirmed. To get access 4 screws were removed from the king bed support platform.

Adam
You have an inverter. When on, it will show battery voltage. When on shore power or generator power the battery voltage will show greater than 13.0 volts if the converter is working. The use/store switch (master power) must be in use (on) to charge the batteries
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.