Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 01:42 AM   #1
livingkennedy

Brand: Still Looking
State: Louisiana
THOR #20461
Help me pick the right RV

I am considering purchasing a small RV and I need help choosing the right one. I have not been able to find the answer to these questions on most websites so I'm coming here for help.

First: I'm single and 6'4. I don't need a lot of space but I like headroom. I want a fairly easily maneuverable RV - the biggest that I have seen and would feel comfortable with is the Thor Axis. My first consideration was a truck camper as I was surprised at how tall they are once you get inside, and they seem to have plenty of room for just me. However, I plan on a significant amount of boondocking, and it seems that these all have propane generators and that doesn't seem very efficient for boondocking. I am looking for something that is gas or diesel and runs off of a large tank, ideally. This is where i have trouble finding out RV capabilities. For instance, the axis that I looked at as well as all these 22 foot freedom elites (or other relatively small class C) all will tout something like "4000 watt onan gas generator," but say nothing about what that is connected to. Is it connected to a 10 gallon tank? is it connected to the vehicles main tank? What is the capacity on these? I can't seem to find this information.

Please let me know if you have suggestions on a good RV for me. I additionally want some capability to run around 400 watts of solar, as that seems a pretty popular amount for charging batteries and running phones/computers.

Thank you all for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.