Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #83
bojanlora

State: Arkansas
THOR #19565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
That may be a true statement in some instances but it is not an accurate blanket statement.

There have been many times when I would not be able to use my phone as a hotspot because I only had 1 bar of signal or the phone was showing no coverage (AT&T). The Wingard unit being on the roof with better a better antenna than a phone was picking up signal and I had Internet and WiFi calling ability.

The same thing can be said with camp and other other free WiFi. It does a great job boosting the signal.

There are many camp sites with marginal cellular coverage so to me a SIM card in the unit is worth it.
20GB for $150/month.... No thank you. I'll take the savings and buy a signal booster.

I do agree that the Windguard is a great wifi bridge/booster and even LTE modem. It's just that in the US data only plans are ridiculous.

I would pay $150/month for something like Nomad or Ubifi that are true unlimited/unthrottled but I don't think their SIMs will work with the Windguard. I have a Ubifi SIM, I should test it out. That's $89 truly unlimited AT&T LTE data.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum