Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 02:22 PM   #84
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojanlora View Post
20GB for $150/month.... No thank you. I'll take the savings and buy a signal booster.

I do agree that the Windguard is a great wifi bridge/booster and even LTE modem. It's just that in the US data only plans are ridiculous.

I would pay $150/month for something like Nomad or Ubifi that are true unlimited/unthrottled but I don't think their SIMs will work with the Windguard. I have a Ubifi SIM, I should test it out. That's $89 truly unlimited AT&T LTE data.
There are cheaper plans that 20GB for $150/month. It also depends if you are full timer or how much you use your RV and don't have access to WiFi.

AT&T now offers an RV plan for 100GB for 12 Months for $325 (~$27/month) with the cheapest being 5GB for $25/Month since they no longer offer the unlimited plan for $360/year.

I've used 100GB so far this year and I do a lot of movie / TV streaming. I also have cameras inside the coach and don't always switch over to my home WiFi. The 100GB per yer plan would probably work ok for me once my unlimited plan expires at the end of the year.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum