Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 03:04 PM   #11
kbatschke@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 28Z
State: Illinois
THOR #20269
A 50amp Dogbone is a must have for 30amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanitorsRock View Post
Good job you guys.

The 'dogbone' has a 4 prong end on it, going to a 3 prong end. All it does is 'drops a leg' so you are running off of a single 50A wire, instead of the 30A wire. Most camper panels are setup as 120 volt only across the board, regardless of Amperage. I would still haul around a generator to show you are a committed camp hauler ����
We're first time RV'rs. When researching what to get and how to outfit our rig, one of the 'must-haves' was a 50-30amp dogbone. I picked one up. So far this summer, we've stayed at three different sites where the 30amp plug had problems. in one case, our power management system indicated the plug was reverse polarity, the other two had bad 30amp breakers that would not stay engaged. Really glad I have this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum