Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 07:20 PM   #16
Treasur2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Washington
THOR #20407
Thumbs up Resigned to reality....LOL

Yes, I've calmed down now. But am still ......well. You know.

First, I want to truly thank all of you who responded with some empathy and understanding. (reminds me of sales training I got 30+ yrs. ago.)

Let me answer some questions because so many were kind enough to ask.

First however, let me be very upfront. I'm a white-collar guy with very little mechanical know-how or inclination. I consider myself mature in regards to
1. knowing it.
2. Admitting it.
3. Owning it
4. Most importantly, not trying to take something on, that I'm likly to make worse. its already saved me several times.

I park 32 miles from home because all the storage facilities closer are full. To me, this is just another reality of the crush of new RVers like me.

The reason I may pay for a new BMPro, is because...

1. I purchased from CampersWorld (no comments please...please remember I'm a rookie)

2. The Campers World thats closest to me does NOT sell new RV's. Its just a store and repair location. Thus they told me (yes with an appointment of 2 weeks in the future) that they do NOT do "warranty work at this location".

3. They have quoted me a price of about $250, and I don't have to pay for it until its installed. So I realized that if I got that issue, resolved before then some other way. I could cancel that installation at no cost to me. If I did need it installed by them, that was a small price to pay to be able to get on the road. They told me the part itself would take 3 weeks to get (that does not sound like a california warehouse)

I truly do appreciate ALL the feedback. It helps me get square with reality. The decision to purchase a new one...........LOL.......was driven primarily by my wife who wanted to avoid the "risk" of buying anything "used". LOLLLLLLLLL

I was NOT worried about buying one with the low miles I saw on so many.
See, again, my nativity was comparing car buying to RV buying. Nope.

Yes, we have discussed selling it out right and yes taking the big hit.

Fortunatly and with umility, we can afford it. But, it would be verrry hard to throw away those dolllars.

In closing. What I've come to accept is. once again my short temper does not serve me well. (I'm in the 30th year of tyring to remember that.)

The insanely simple reality is. This is another example of the consequences of covid 19. In this case its turning a particular industry on its head, through no fault of their own, bacasue of the explosion of people exactly like me.

I need to treat them with the understanding you are all treaing me with and just roll/work with it.

Again, thanks guys. I appreciate it....really.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum