Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 07:33 PM   #1
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Questions about 2018+ Axis/Vegas 24.1

I finally got an in person look see at a 2018 Axis/Vegas but it was a 25.5 and not the 24.1 that I am most interested in. But it did satisfy me with the fit and finish aspects of newer A/V's and posed a few unanswered questions:

LP Switch

Unlike most MHs, the A/V has a manual propane tank shutoff valve at the tank and the owner assured me that it did not have an in coach switch that might have controlled a solenoid valve. Is this true? I couldn't find a switch, which is great because I don't want the parasitic draw of a solenoid. We mostly dry camp.

Swivel Seats

The owner told me that the front passenger seat will swivel 180+ deg but the drivers side would only swivel 90 deg due to interference with the wheel. Can anyone confirm?

Gravity fresh water fill port

Seems like I have seen this on older 24.1s. Do the 2018+ 24.1s have a gravity fill port. The 25.5 did not but it is a different layout and tank location so maybe the 24.1 has one. Why? Some campgrounds have no easily accessible water spigots. I was in one a few days ago in Mass. The only way to fill was to lug water from the restroom's dishwashing station.

Truma instant on hot water heater

Does anyone know if this is also the source of the coach's interior heat. The owner said that the Coleman thermostat panel controlled heat as well as A/C (and was not a strip heater) but he didn't know if there was a separate furnace from the Truma. Also some Truma's have a hot water circulation loop that makes it really instant. The hot water control panel didn't seem to have any such controls as I know the circulation type can be turned off.

Battery box size

Like most MHs the coach's batteries are underneath the steps. The inside dimensions of that box are roughly 27Lx9WX10D inches. This is impossible for GC batteries (too high) and tight for a G31. Anyone added either of these batteries to a A/V? Can the bottom support plate be lowered (easily)?

All in all I liked the 2018 25.5 and I am sure I will like the 24.1 even better. Thor spent some money improving it for this year and it shows: curved cabinet lids with spring loaded closures, composite galley top with undermounted very large sink. Microwave moved below (yes some won't like this, but I do), Truma instant on hot water heater,.....

If anyone is in the market for a 2018 25.5 look it up on Rvtrader in RI. It won't last long for $71K. New is $100K+ and as the owner said, he is through with the new coach fights with Thor (and won most of them).

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.