Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #41
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilley Dilley View Post
A few things...
1. Maybe you view yourself as not mechanically inclined and that may be true. So maybe you can make your RV experience a learning experience as well as a leisure experience.
2. It helps if you consider an RV as basically a home on wheels. There are lots of things that can break or need maintenance in a home that is built on solid ground. RV’s have many of the same components of a house but they are also put through the stress of driving down the road which can lead to a lot of movement on those components. Things are going to go wrong so expect it and be prepared to deal with it.
3. Whatever you think you know about new vehicle warranties don’t try to apply that knowledge to RV warranties. On RV’s there are different coverages depending on what it is that your dealing with. The vehicle cab and chassis including the engine and drivetrain are not Thor’s problem. If it’s a Ford or Chevy then that’s the responsibility of the vehicle manufacturers. Thor is basically responsible for the Coach portion. The appliances are covered by the manufacturers of the appliances. So get over the thought of just bitching at Thor for every thing that goes wrong.
4. Spend some time learning everything you can about your RV. Get familiar with all the systems and most importantly learn how to drive it safely if you don’t already have experience in driving large vehicles.
5. Things are going to break and go wrong but try to have fun with it because there is a good reason that so many people have RV’s.
6. Lastly, take a breath and get your thoughts together and try not to rant on these forums because nobody really wants to hear that. Most of us if not all of us have had RV drama. If you have questions or experiences and can help someone out with something then please do.

All Mfgs should have this written (in a corporate form) someplace firmly visible and required by all prospective owner to see before they are allowed to by.

I can stand outside a Sears Repair Center and collect the things that went wrong and get on a Sears board and complain all day. Same for Ford and Chevrolet. But out of the 100s and 100s of post I have read, I have yet to see any story where Thor, Winnebago, Newmar, Tiffin or whoever REFUSED to repair anything under warranty. The premise that some have is that RVs should leave the factory perfect, should stay perfect on the dealers lot as they are being moved around and visited and driven by who knows who, and then somehow expected to be so good, that the new owner doesn't even need bother to do the basic PDI inspection to confirm their incredible unreal assumption of perfection. Then they buy and drive home, DW opens up a cabinet and see's saw dust and then they jump on the forums to bash the $11 / hr worker as unskilled and complain complain of Thor's quality.

If you got a brand new Coach the purpose of all of the warranties is to get stuff fixed. ( except I don't consider ESPs warranties, it is insurance that some just have to have ) You got an entire year to ensure all is well EVEN if you missed during PDI.

To OP, glad to see your professionalism to the matter as it appears to be resigned to mere frustration (not anger). Being frustrated is allowed

Now that we got that all the way, when do I get my Bud Light? Dilly Dilly
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum