Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 02:35 PM   #43
Wandering

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian
State: Michigan
THOR #19687
First year motorhome problems/fixes

I bought a new 2018 Thor class a pusher just before the 2020 model year came out, so I got a relatively good deal. We also had a LARGE laundry list of problems. It's been back to the dealer several times. General RV has fixed almost everything (even removed and reinstalled a slide because of leaks due to slightly tilted slide installation!), and billed it all back to Thor. The service consultant I worked with took pictures of all problems, and told me "If we don't document the problem to Thor, it didn't happen" (as well as I can remember the quote). So, if you're going to have someone else fix it, take photos, both before and after fix, and copies of the invoice showing what was done and what it cost. This isn't something you can go back to do later, so get those photos at the beginning to really show the problems. Then Thor may well reimburse you (but read their warranty to make sure). Maybe I just got lucky in choosing the dealer, as we chose based only on advertised units for sale within a few hundred miles, but General RV has worked with us and gotten most things fixed. Some did indeed take an extended stay with them, so be prepared for that). I pulled my towed and drove it home (about 1-1/2 hour drive) for the duration.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.