Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 01:10 AM   #47
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Other thinggs for Newbies to consider

A few things I’ve noticed on this Forum is that sometimes people don’t understand the process that is involved in building a Motorhome and then getting the Motorhome to the dealership.

First off, these Motorhome are being built on top of a Cab and Chassis from most likely Ford, Chevrolet, Mercedes Benz or Freightliner. The construction of each unit is really quick considering everything that could go wrong.

It seems to me that there is insufficient quality control if any going on during the process. Especially when all the different components are being attached to the unit.

Then the units are driven from the assembly plants to the dealerships around the USA by drivers. That’s the reason that when you buy a new Motorhome it may have 2000 miles on it. The mileage will depend on the proximity of the dealership to the manufacturer. I only bring this up because I see people make comments about the fact that their new unit had 1000 - 2000 miles on it so how can it be new. Unlike automobiles, Motorhome generally aren’t being transported by rail or ship, or car carrier.

Dealing with warranties takes a little finesse and you really need to figure out who is responsible for what, document and take photos of each issue and lastly try to be as cool and diplomatic as you can when you’re dealing with people. Each of us have to be our best advocate. Always remember that even though your issue is paramount to you, you’re not the only person dealing with something. Think about how you would feel if you were that person on the other end of the phone that didn’t actually cause the issue and you have someone bitching at you.
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum