Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 02:08 AM   #4921
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
This negative Thor Hurricane article popped-up on my newsfeed.
Not sure I believe everything that this “journalist” wrote:

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/there-i...-at-all-costs/

“ Along with Gulfstream and Fleetwood RVs, the Hurricane RV from Thor Motor Coach is among those listed to avoid at all costs.

Mr. RV notes that Thor Motor Coach hasn’t been around long, but they won’t last long based on what they have produced. The biggest complaint sighted in their review is that many owners believe that Hurricane RVs are built with repurposed parts, which is an unsavory thought when you shell out a significant amount of cash for an RV.”
Thor Motor Coach was formed in 2010 as a strategic merger of Damon Motor Coach and Four Winds International. Hurricane is one of the Four Winds brand. Plant 850 is the Damon plant and plant 750 is the old Four Winds plant. Hurricanes have been made in that plant since the late 1980's. Only the holding corporation has changed. As most of you know plant procures all of Thor MC's ACEs, Freedom Travelers, Hurricanes and Windsports sold under the Thor MC brand. Considering Thor Motor Coach produces 40% of all the motor homes made in the North America and all are sold before they leave the plants grounds, someone likes them. In FY 2019 Thor Ind. had gross sales of nearly 8 billion with a net profit of 133 million and this was the worst year for net profits of the 6 years shown. If it does produce inferior quality motor homes (I don't think so), it is making a profit from selling them, so i doubt the are about to go under. I am not sure what a repurposed part is, but in my coach all the parts were new, under warranty and listed in the bedroom wardrobe door.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.