Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 05:05 PM   #7
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Danfosss, which may be related to Haier, started selling small 12V powered, variable frequency compressors for recreational boats at least 20 years ago. I had one with their compressor in it and a thermostat that adjusted the speed of the compressor to the load.

After it stabilized the compressor would cycle about 50% and ran at 3.5 amps rather than the full speed 7 amps. It used about 50 amp hours daily at 12V.

These new residential type, RV fridges are great but still use a lot of power, more than my boat fridge did, probably because they are big, maybe 16 cu ft vs 6. I bet that the one in the Renegade uses at least 100 amp hours daily.

That is a lot for a dry camper. So please, please hope that the tried and true absorption fridge doesn't go away. It uses maybe 5 amp hours per day for its controls and I can go a month on 20 lbs of propane.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.