Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 06:17 PM   #11
Campnjoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Cracks start at the edge when there is defect in the glass or something is pressing at a point on the glass's edge. Cracks are only bad when the vehicle is equipped with air bags, as the windshield is an integral part of the safety restraint system. Cracks are fairly common when the chassis racks traveling over rough surfaces. The bigger and hotter the windshield the more susceptible the windshield is to cracking. Fortunately, most windshields are not made of tempered glass, so they crack rather than shatter like tempered glass.

My Hurricane has a small crack in the lower left corner I would much rather live with it, rather than take a chance on a new windshield that leaks. As my coach doesn't have airbags and the crack does not effect my vision, I am more than happy to live with it.
How small is the crack on yours? This one is about 12-13 nches. How many miles have you driven yours with the crack?

We have a trip planned this weekend and my wife would love to still go.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum