Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
kenk17

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Wisconsin
THOR #18262
Slide motor stops working

I have a 2018 thor hurricane 34j and the slide would not retract. The rear motor seems to be running fine. The front motor which is motor 2 will lock up after about 1 second. Then you can extend it and does the same thing. The controller gives an error code of 8 red lights on motor 2 which is a short between controller and motor. Checked harnesses and wire and it all seems to look good. Switched the harnesses at the controller and it gave the error code on motor 1 which makes sense because I switched them. Removed motor 2 from slide and without removing motor 1 from slide, I just unplugged the harness and plugged it into motor 1 harness. Did the same thing. Motor locks up after 1 second. At this point, I feel like it is a bad motor. I have ordered a new motor. I did a manual override on the controller and both motors worked like they should. When you take it back out of manual mode, then it quits working. I have looked over the motor and everything looks ok. No wires pulled out or cracked. Any thoughts??

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.