Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 06:48 PM   #8
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
I can understand the OP's angst and I can empathize with her.

Look.... I know you catch more flies with honey and I try to take that approach. Heck....I have written letters of praise to Service Managers about people on their staff who provided me with great customer service.... and that was after the dealership botch one of the items they were supposed to fix back in June and I had to have Thor send me the part so I could fix it right myself.

Whether you spend $75,000, $150,000 or $300,000 for a coach it is not unreasonable to expect the coach to be mostly seaworthy. Sure.... a new car can have an issue or two and a motorhome being even more complex can have more than a few.... and that can be acceptable.

What's not acceptable is not having access to a significant new investment because it has to sit at the dealer for weeks or months to become seaworthy. Now whether that is because of an incompetent dealer, a poor build or a little of both it doesn't matter. You paid money for something with the expectation that you will get to use it more than it is in for repairs.

I also have an appointment in Wakarusa next month to address a structural issues that even the best PDI or most experienced RV technician would have ever caught. It happens....

My current coach is not my first Thor either. I have had my current coach into the dealer once and Wakarusa once to cover a long list of warranty items that range from minor to major.

I have also fixed or improved more than two dozens items myself that didn't show up on the PDI. Thor kindly sent me the parts since I am under warranty so I could do the repairs myself. This is one reason I have stuck with Thor.... I have experienced very good customer service from them.... better than any individual dealer.

Now all that being said.... I'm not pleased about paying a lot of money and spending a lot of time and effort dealing with issues. Some of them I can't blame Thor about but there are others I can.

Knowing the production quality challenges most of the industry has in common we are doing our best to have a good attitude through it all and enjoy our coach, which we have.

I can completely understand the OP's frustrations and expectations as well as many others who have posted similar experiences on this forum with new coaches. It is not right that it has to be this way.... but it is what it is. You have to expect it, accept it and make the best of it and keep moving forward and enjoying the experiences that come with RV'ing.

My advice to the OP is this...... If you like your coach (less the issues) and you like the lifestyle, give the Thor Service Center in Wakarusa a chance to make it right. Treat them with respect and try to take the emotion out of your discussions with them. Be polite and ask them for their help because you heard they are the best in the industry.

Document everything that needs addressed in detail and keep copies for you and Thor Service Team in Wakarusa. When you get there go over each item with them and explain your problem and concern. Take your time and make sure you cover everything. When they are done pull out your list and go over it with them again to make sure everything was addressed. In the end I think you will be pleased with their work and their customer service. They often go above and beyond.

But make no mistake..... other issues will likely pop up over time and after warranty. You just have to have the right attitude about it and knock them off one at a time and keep on RV'ing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.