Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 09:11 PM   #20
Williamherold05

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Mississippi
THOR #20155
Figured I’d update everyone. The RV checked out ok on the walkthrough.

HOWEVER, we took the first trek out this past week to Lake Lanier, GA - Margaritaville. During the travel, at around 250 Miles. It began to bog down and lose engine power on hills. We made it there babying the throttle.

Once there we opened the slides got everything pulled out hooked up to the water and I noticed leaking coming from the living area slide on the driver side. I shut the water hose down and the leak stopped. Then we began to use the water pump after filling with water. Slooooow trickle. Every two minutes the pump would cycle. Bad water pump I’m assuming. Bathroom sink also leaked at the seam around the base. At around 250 miles on the way back the bogging began again but made it home fine. Seems to stop when you shut the engine off and start it again. Also some shimmy in the wheel during acceleration around 62-68 and during deceleration. Tires are inflated to proper level. Perhaps bAlance or does anyone think this could be related to bearings? Checking with the dealer to see if it’s covered under the ford warranty. It’s an E450 Super Duty. We shall see....Also seeing if either the extended warranty will cover the water leak issue and the water pump or the dealer will.

Still overall I’m not disappointed. I’m pretty handy so I can fix the issues if I have to.

Love love the rig overall and had a great time.

Any help with solutions is always welcomed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.