Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 03:33 AM   #35
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Pappydude:
Watch the video on the Acme Tow Dolly's web site and check out what kind of car they demonstrate it with (Acme "EZE-TOW" Tow Dolly - Car Tow Dolly).

We used to have a Focus Electric which the owner's manual explicitly states not to tow the car with any wheels on the ground. I did a short test tow with it (about 5 miles) to see why. Mechanically there really was no reason I couldn't tow the car around (its FWD, the rear axle is identical to a gas engine'd Focus, it fit on the dolly fine). The only issue I really could find was that the software really didn't like the fact that the rear wheels were spinning when the front weren't. When I started it after towing I got all kinds of faults with the traction control, ABS, etc. Took a few power cycles to clear them all and it would start behaving normally again...never pulled it again. (Now we have the C-Max which can be towed.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum