Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #14
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Different tanks need different things. Surburban RV tank type water heaters (owned by Airxcel) have a glass lined steel tank. They use a sacrificial anode to prevent the tank from rusting out just like your home's water heater. You are correct that they should be replaced regularly and checked at least yearly.
Bowen designed the aluminum tank rapid heat RV water heater in 1955. Atwood bought Bowen in 1964. My first class A MH had a Bowen gas water heater. Atwood was bought by Dometic in 2014. Having al all aluminum tank and burner pipe the Atwood water heater will not rust. It can corrode if the aluminum comes in contact with a dissimilar metal like a brass pipe plug used instead of the recommended plastic pipe plug.
THANKS for the information! I was wondering why the nylon plug was installed from the factory, and now you have answered that question. As I said in the original post, THOR doesnt always equip fixtures with the "best" options for the RV owner...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum