Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 01:16 AM   #9
Cwray

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Illinois
THOR #12548
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
Another forum member pointed out that the front A/C channels (forward of the front vents) continue to nowhere. I installed a baffle to block the air and that seemed to make a difference.
I can confirm that was the case for my 34J. The farthest back two vents (over the master bed, of course) had about an extra foot of vent, the front most two had about 3 feet extra on each side. Both areas on each side had significant gaps from a loose styrofoam plug that was just thrown in there (one was missing). I used the foam spray to block it off right at vent. Even the wifey noticed a difference—which, of course, made the effort (And a bit of a chuckle at my expense taking this quest to extremes) worthwhile. The nice thing about the latex foam is that after it dries, you can easily just pull it out (or apply more or shape it).

Between the “keep it cold” and “keep it quiet” projects, I’ve been very happy finding a new hobby of RV modding for all the spare time I didn’t realize I had. Lots of little things have been done here and there over the last couple of years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum