Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 08:43 PM   #7
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
2018 Chateau Questions

I have a Four Winds 24F with full slide. It has electric stabilizing jacks and not hydraulic. Not sure what your coach has.

Here is what I do to keep from leaning.

1. While leveling I add one extra lego block to the slide side of the coach to raise it a bit.
2. Run the slide out.
3. Run the slide side stabilizer out making sure there is a jack pad under it. I wait until the jack hits the ground and go another 2 seconds.
4. Run the other stabilizer out until it hits the ground and maybe a half second longer.
5. Do a fine adjustment with the slide side jack one more time.

The coach stays level until the grey water tanks gets about half full since it is on the slide side. However, the lean is barely noticeable.

I do slide first, then jacks. The reason is if the jacks go down first then the coach will pivot on this slide side jack as it goes out - the center of gravity of the coach is shifting and the jack acts like a fulcrum.

I do the exact reverse procedure for putting the slide in.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.