Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 09:12 PM   #10
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
I have a 2017 Four Winds 24F that is almost the same as the coach you are looking at. Ours has been good to us...some issues..but overall a good experience. Pete's MH advice is spot on and I'll add my 2 cents as an owner.

1. Make sure the generator runs. From the description of the owners and mileage I doubt the time was take to run the genset once a month.

2. Make sure the fridge runs on propane and electric - shore power and genset.

3. Run the furnace.

4. Run the hot water heater on propane and electric.

5. These coaches tend to leak water in the cab over area. Climb up there and smell for mold. Look around the cab over window for signs of water leaks. Look at the mattresses and storage covers for signs of water damage. Take the storage covers off as well as the mattresses in the cab over and look at the wood finish. It will be easy to tell if there is water damage.

6. Take a hose and run water over the front of the coach on the cab over area and look for leaks coming in. Also run water on the cab over window - they leak. Thor uses a cheap seal around them - easy to fix.

7. The slide should go out an in smoothly - no binding. With the slide out look for wear signs on the tracks.

8. Remember - slide goes all the way out and keep pressing the extend button for 5 seconds after it stops Same on the way in. Do not stop the slide mid extend or retract - not recommended.

Over the past 3 years I have disassembled and reassembled my coach to fix issues after warranty. I've also seen my model being built at Thor. IMHO I have a pretty good working knowledge of the innards and outers of the coach. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I also live in NC on the coast in OIB.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum