Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:20 PM   #1682
Brandy66

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 24 TF, Mercedes
State: Washington
THOR #11249
Quote:
Originally Posted by plummah View Post
I have tried searching and can't find anything, has anyone replaced their Dinette in the 23TK with a couch or sofa?
I have a 24 ft compass with full side slideout. I removed the dinette and replaced with theater recliners purchased from camping world. For mine I also moved the water heater to the lower compartment and removed all water hoses going through the slideout rubber flap as it was a very bad design and cold weather froze everything up fast! No more outside shower either and water attach is in with the water heater now with lots of heat wrap (your locations may be different). I'm guessing I reduced the total weight on the slideout by 100lbs as well. That table and hardware was heavy. Check youtube for some good videos on doing it. Note that you will also loose your rear coach seatbelts doing this.

Steve

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum