Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Whistling
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 11:20 PM   #14
Pilobob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29 M Hurricane
State: Florida
THOR #14300
Check the locks on your drivers and passenger windows. We had a terrible high pitched whistle on our 29M Hurricane. Was really hard to locate. I resealed all around the windows, installed a mesh screen as suggested over my grille, lubricated all the window components and seals. The squeal started at around 35 mph and at 60 was to the point I had to wear foam ear plugs. I always thought the leak was on the drivers side window. On our last trip it popped up again. As we are driving my wife takes her window lock and puts into the unlocked position. Whistle is gone ! Lock the window it’s back. The lock in the closed position pushed the outer pane of glass out less than the thickness of a piece of paper creating a gap between the 2 windows. We’ve not had it come back since and this was after a year of trying to track it down. Worth giving it a try.
RecPro Recliners
Pilobob is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum