Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 11:41 PM   #17
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M_MURPHYS View Post
We also have a (2017) Quantum KM24. I do not have any troubleshooting to offer, just misc feedback.

If our Quantum a AGS I am certainty not aware of it. We did not get any manual regarding AGS. It was also not listed in our components list from Thor.

I find it interesting that your generator will start without battery power. I just upgraded to Lithium Ion batteries and when I removed the batteries the generator would not start until I got the new batteries installed. I believe it started OK on shore power even without batteries installed.

Were told by a Tech to always prime our propane powered generator. It seems to have trouble firing up if I do not prime it first. We push our rocker switch down until a LED lights up meaning it is primed. Then we push the switch up to start and it always fires right up. Cummings recommends running the gen at least 4 hours a month for our module. I do not worry about running it too much except that the maintenance schedule comes around faster.

I am with those who suggest calling Thor first and then get it in to a repair facility if you cannot solve it on your own.
It has been 3 years so I assume if you had AGS you would know by now? Sounds like if you did have AGS and assuming the Tech was right, you would need Automatic Primer to process before the Automatic Generator I say that because if true automatic start would NOT work if it required a manual prime before starting? It would have to know to prime 1st and then try to start?

The fact that you have Propane Generator makes me suspicious in several areas because the propane is under pressure unlike the gas until you get the gas flow established. I have yet to ever prime, but I have gas and AGS. My genset runs regularly even when I don't need it i.e at home with shore power; I may disconnect power and watch a 4 hour football game with genset running and both ACs.

If I were you, I would called Thor to confirm if AGS is on the coach, if it is; have them send you the AGS manual. While you talking to them ask them about the prime button? Since it is there it must need to be used or could it be that you actually have gas generator? I can't see what or how the primer primes with propane That's why I say if that primer button makes it works, it just may be gas?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.