Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 09:11 PM   #12
Golfbum18

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
Quote:
Originally Posted by twovillagers View Post
I am your height and bought a Thor Vegas 24.1 for several reasons:

--Price was reasonable for the value received. It's hard to beat in the 25 foot class.
--Flexibility of beds. I sleep with my head toward the front and my feet slightly angled toward the center cushion. I find it comfortable. You could certainly fit very well sleeping crosswise.
--Overall size and maneuverability. The Vegas is easy to drive and park.
--Lots of exterior storage, probably the best in its size class. And, it does fill up in time!

Plan on:

--Adding a lot more heat/sound insulation in the cab area, especially the engine cowl. you can live with it as delivered, but the additions make it much more enjoyable.
--Add a tire pressure monitor.
--A better GPS system.
--Changing out the miserably uncomfortable sofa for recliners.
--Living with the small shower.
--Replacing the steering dampener with a better one or a stabilizer. And, maybe adding other suspension upgrades based on your own preferences.

Most of the above changes apply to many motorhomes.

I suggest reading all of the other posts about modifications. Some are important and some are personal preferences.

Would I buy a Vegas/Axis 24.1 again? After owning it, it would still be high on my list. I would also look at slightly larger, slightly more expensive motorhomes such as the Forest River FR3 30DS.

Good luck!
You know the FR3 was high on our list to buy but we didn't. Funny thing is, as good as it looks...and it's the same as the Windsport, Hurricane and all those of the same size on an F53 chassis, in all our travels...both on the road and in campgrounds all over the east coast, I have only ever seen 3 of them in the past 18 months. Don't know what happened but seems like they didn't sell well. I asked a Forest River owner about this once and he said he has never seen more than one or two and he goes to the FR rallies. ???????

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.