Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #67
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Yep. I melted a dogbone several years ago. Lucky nothing was damaged. So regardless of all the arithmetic calculations, I’ll stick to one AC and just sweat a little more in July in the Southeast.

What do you think happened? You are not providing much information other that it involved 2 A/Cs. I don’t know how else to say that all A/Cs are not the same and can’t be treated as equals in “calculations”.

Regardless, the obvious questions are that if you exceeded 30A, why didn’t the breaker trip. And if you remained under 30A, then why did a 30A dogbone melt?

Proper electrical systems have protection so they remain safe even if owner overloads it. I wouldn’t blame the math when something else went wrong. Besides, we’d still be in the Dark Ages if not for math and wouldn’t be enjoying air conditioning at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum