Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I purchased my Thor motorhome in Georgia and live in Southern California, so I was totally dependent on local Thor dealerships during the warranty period.

I first visited Mike Thompson's RV in Fountain Valley because they are very convenient to visit during my lunch break. On my way to the office, I actually walked inside a few Windsport motorhomes, and a Pallazo.

In the office I spoke with the woman at the counter and she asked if I purchased my Hurricane there. After I said no, she promptly said that they could not work on Hurricanes as they do not sell them. I mentioned that they are mechanically identical to the Windsport models filling up their lot. She just said no.

The tiny detail that works in the dealership's favor is that they are one of only three remaining RV dealerships in all of the metro area of Southern California, so they are swamped with more business and work than they can handle. They can and most frequently do cherry pick their work.

What works against the dealership in a major metro area is social media like Twitter, Yelp, and Facebook. After a few months of countless negative reviews and posts they realized that there are far more Hurricanes than Windsports in this region of the country, and they were losing ALOT of potential business by alienating potential new customers and pissing off current owners. Lo and behold they magically discontinued selling Windsports and now carry the Hurricane line.

Oh, and they very happily service Hurricanes there now!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.