Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 03:09 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck13 View Post
I have a 2018 Vegas 25.3
It has been sitting for a couple months and all the batteries are dead.
I plugged into 30 amp service and let it sit overnight. Still batteries did not charge. Any direction and or suggestions on what I must do to charge the batteries.
I appreciate the help one an get on this site and want to express my sincere thank you in advance.
Chuck
Most computer controlled chargers will not charge completely dead batteries. Before charging, the charger will look of 1 to 2 volts to ensure the cables are connected correctly. Trying to charge a with the cables reversed can lead to an explosion. To try to charge completely dead batteries, you just need to attach a good battery in parallel to the dead ones and see if the dead ones will take a charge. Flooded batteries seldom recover from a deep discharge. My recommendation is to take the batteries and have the charged and load checked. Any battery dealer can do it for you (Interstate, Walmart. Autozone, etc).
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.