Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 03:52 AM   #11
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by dand View Post
I think I saw it on a post that you should have as little on 110v when connecting to put less strain on converter
My model has fault codes for all conditions but if I assumed that it was "no" "AC" then troubleshoot is
1. Check power to the Fridge
2. Check fuse
3. See Dealer

I looked and I saw nothing that would say to turn propane off, before connecting shore power. I did see all kinds of warnings about the sensitivity of the control boards.

When you get fuse reset, if it were me; I would not turn off unless you plan on storing. I think as a general rule it is a good idea to turn AC units before disconnecting shore power, but in my coach the reverse is not true or necessary. i.e. When Shorepowere is turned on I have Power Control Center that in addition to the ATS built in delay before sending the power will access I much current I have incoming and will ensure when power is available for 1 or both ACs, Fridge, Microwave etc.

But the real reason, why I believe it to be okay is say you have AGS on and set to automatic. You lose power. Your fridge switch over to Propane. Moments later the generator fires up, it will then switch back to electric. Same would be true had power been out for 5 hours, and then power is restored. No where in either of those flows would be a need or suggestion to turn the propane off (Fridge off) before power is restored.

Who knows what may have happened with all of the sensitivity of electronics and built in safety features that we may not be aware of. Good luck wait to see how you resolve.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum