Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 01:42 AM   #15
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Dave, my apologies. I quoted you but my comment was better aimed at Thor.

I have a dealer lined up to do the repair, so I'm good there. I'm just not on board with Thor being hands off in situations like this.

If this is standard policy with RV dealers then I guess I'll have to live with it. Can't say I'll be happy with it tho.
Something a lot of folks do not know about the RV Industry is the dealer owns (bought and paid for) every RV on their lot before it was delivered to them. When you put that in context, why would any dealer want to have their service department work at reduced (warranty) labor rates on a unit for which they did not receive any sales compensation. Most RV service departments have long wait times for sales profit customers so they do not need the additional work.

When you really sit back and think about it, to me at least, I have to ask myself what is wrong with a service department that can get a non sales based profit customer in for warranty work in a timely manner? Are they that hard up for business and if so why?

I have 4 relatively large RV dealers within a 100 mile drive of the house. None of them will perform warranty work for folks that did not buy the RV from them. All of them however, will accept paying service customers outside the RV warranty period or for services not covered by warranty such as state inspections, oil changes etc...
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum