Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 07:57 PM   #15
JJSmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #15069
My battery story is a little different but this could happen to anyone be warned.
I bought a new 2018 Gemini TX my 2 house batteries lasted 1month then died right in my driveway before I even took a trip. I had them replaced under warranty by the dealer in Albany NY. I found out later the new original house batteries had been taken out and replaced with old batteries by who I don't know the RV was new when I bought it. On my first trip with my new RV you guessed it the engine battery died. Found out the new Mercedes battery had been cannibalized and replaced with an old used interstate battery sometime before I took the RV home from the dealer. The engine battery in the sprinter is under the floor in front of the front seat so you would never know it was tampered with. I was lucky a local Mercedes dealer replaced the battery with no charge. I reported this to Thor customer service but the rep sounded mostly disinterested and said it was a dealer issue. Dealer of course denied any knowledge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum