Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: RV Insurance
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 09:27 PM   #33
MSK

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 37.4 Former ACE30
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #1590
Rates and claims service NOT GOOD

When we bought our first rig (Thor Ace 31.4, 2016) we insured with National General through the Good Sam club the the prices went up a little but not too bad. About 4 years in a big rig took out my passenger side mirror as he was illegally trying to merge. He received a citation and I was cleared. About 3 days later I received a call from the trucking company insurance agency saying that the would be happy to settle the claim, all I needed to do was provide them with an estimate for the repairs. I figured it would be best to go through National General in case there were any issues they could handle them. Turns out that was the wrong thing to do. I got in touch with them and was assigned a claims adjuster who worked with me very well and said she would get back to me but was taking a long weekend off. I called her several times after that and got the voice mail about taking the weekend off. I finally got ahold of a supervisor and was told that the agent had left the company and a new one wold be assigned. I ended up going through several agents and provided each one with the trucking company's agent information (the one that was more than willing to settle). I finally received a check and it was for about 2/3rds of the repair cost and I was told that since they had to send it to a collection agency the fees came out of my portion of the settlement. This all took about 2.5 months. I immediately cancelled with National General and switched to progressive, who also insures my boat. Cost of coverage is less and service is much better.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum