Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 10:30 PM   #168
JoeDS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
Thanks all for the info. I see a problem here because lithium batteries should not be charged in weather under 32 degrees. If generator runs off the coach batteries, Then I could start it with the batteries because that is OK but then the generator would be charging back the lithium’s which is a no-no. Hmmm.

I do have a deep cell 125 amp AGM that I could substitute and take the lithium’s out. That might solve the issue. Make sense?

Absolutely! However, There are many many variables in Lithium batteries. Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries can not be recharged below 32 degrees F, but other Lithium types can be. If yours is a Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries type take it out or disconnect the positive terminal for the winter. There is really no need to have a battery in your unit for storage. You can start your generator using the battery bypass switch if needed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.