Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #18
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Not sure if you fixed it yet...

This subject is near & dear to my heart:

- my new Vegas was purchased when it was 90+ degrees outside. So I didn’t find out that my furnace would not light until several months later in the cold

- so like you, I had to use electric heat and the engine chassis heat to get me thru a long cold trip

- my furnace was igniting, & tried to light for a moment or two, then would flame out. It was frustrating.

- I refused to take to dealer for warranty repair. You know, get an appointment for 60 days from today. Then they keep your rig for several weeks.

- once I returned home, after searching this Forum and the Google, I took the entire assembly apart. It’s very easy to do. Take photos along the way so you can put it back together

- Turns out that the “spark fork” was not placed close enough to burner.

- it was all my time & labor, trial & error. Simple twist & bend Spark fork so that the ignition spark was 3/4” long & close enough to the burner to get the flame going

Has worked great ever since

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.