Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 01:02 AM   #13
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
When your tank gauge reads FULL it is at the 80% level by design. You can see that on the gauge F and 80%.

The fact that you went from 1/2 to F with 4.3 gallons would lead me to believe you have a 40 pound tank, not a 76 pound. The numbers on the tank are key to the mystery.

One of 3 things are going on: 1) the RV builder put the wrong tank in...not unheard of, or 2) the float in the tank was not installed correctly, or 3) the tank gauge is faulty. I would take the gauge off and see if there is crud behind it. It is either a snap on or there are two small screws holding it on. It will come off without losing any gas from the tank.
Seeing the 17.6 gal under the tanks all but confirms that that is the pre *0% number; so I am concluding my actual capacity really is 14 gallons (80% of 17.6 GAL number I saw on tank). I can confirm that last Dec I added 10.1 gallons and it was NOT empty.

1. I will confirm tank Monday but I doubt they put in wrong tank? If it were suppose to be larger it would NOT fit. All documentation I have and online say tank capacity is (18 gal) but tank has 17.6 gal number on it.
2. Float may be an issue, I will have them check before it goes off warranty.
3. Tank gauge faulty? If it were out of warranty, I probably would check myself, it has two screws. Kind of odd because the gauge almost block your view of the gauge if that make sense I will have this added to check out with #2 above.

EDIT: the piece blocking the gauge I reference in #3 may actually be the sensor that goes to the inside RV panel on the wall? If so, the way it is installed it covers up about 1/3 of the gauge that is on the tank.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum