Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 12:55 PM   #17
JimOIB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
You're good with the tank - both dimensions and tank stamp verify that. You have a 17.9 gallon tank when filled with water or a 14.3 gallon tank when filled with propane. Your math is correct.

A half tank fill-up should have been 7.1 gallons but it only took 4.3 - a 40% difference. I usually see 20-25% difference. It is just the error induced by the mechanics of the float and magnetic sender gauge.

Do what 16ACE27 suggests and dial your system in. I keep a log of tank gauge reading and pounds to fill. I know now that if I'm running the stove and fridge that when the 1/3 idiot light turns off it is time to refill. If I'm running the furnace I watch the tank gauge and when is gets to 1/4 I refill.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum