Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Yep, completely different types of refrigeration cycles even though they can both operate on 120 Volt electrical power. In one case electricity feeds an electric motor that powers a compressor, and in the other a lot more electricity is used to create heat.

Residential-type (compressor) use so much less electricity that the heat it generates is considered negligible and rejected to inside of RV. That saves putting more holes in side of RV. With absorption fridge (propane or electric) it uses so much heat that it would make the inside of RV too hot in summer, plus there’s the safety issue as well.

I hope I never own another absorption RV fridge. For my needs technology has made them obsolete. Plus they are heavier, smaller, and require holes in side of RV.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum