Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #41
Projectman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Massachusetts
THOR #18508
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wow that is impressive.

Mine is 2019. I have been washing and waxing out of gate. So I don't think I need compound now.

You should be fine. My plan is to keep it up now and I’m sure it will stay looking good. What I found from indulging in thegelcoat restoration videos is the gelcoat is very porous and needs moisture. Meguires 45 polish is made to replenish that moisture so applying that with a foam polish pad on a DA polisher followed by your wax or in my case Rejex should keep it looking great.

I asked about the buffer because I bought a nice one from Harbor Freight last year, but I have yet to use on the RV. Thus far; I have done it all by hand. Did you use the buffer in any parts of the process when applying the polish and later the wax?

Yes definitely a buffer. I used a HF rotary for the compound and a DA for the polish. Makes much easier work.

What about your roof? I hope I not about to put you to work I hand wax mine about 3 weeks ago preparing the leaves to start falling on it this Fall.

My roof is TPO on the Vegas. Just wash and 2 coats of 303

Next Jan/Feb; I wish to re-wax the roof and maybe this time use the buffer to after I have completed the hand application of the wax.

It has been a few month since I have waxed the sides, but maybe next spring after roof is complete I will do the sides. I did not use a polish because my gel coat is was in really good condition, but I think I will polish next time before applying the wax.

Short the RV Wash & Wax solution, I try to avoid getting wax on decals. While I don't mask the decals I do apply 303 protectant at the end and wipe down pretty good. The decals stay looking vibrant, prolly better than new?
I have heard many good things about Wash and Wax. Should serve you well between polishing.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum